Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bouchercon 2010!

For those writers going to Bouchercon next week, I invite you to a Friday panel I'll be participating in:

INFERNO: Where will the next big idea come from?

I'm not sure about the connection between "inferno" and "next big idea" but I know with company like this, there'll be plenty to talk about:

Award-winning Swedish crime writers, Anders Roslund & Börge Hellström, Israeli playwright and author Joshua Sobol, and Iceland's queen of crime fiction, Yrsa Sigurdardóttir.

So come join us! The panel will be moderated by the fantastic Mr. Ali Karim. From all the work he's done in preparing us, I can tell you we'll be talking about the conceptual aspects of novel-writing: where do your ideas come from, how to figure out which ideas have enough meat for a novel, and how to combine all of your big ideas into a novel with simplicity and good storytelling.

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment